Monday, May 5, 2008

A Year of Fishy Things?


I'm doing another beaded Capiz shell, as you can see it's blue. This piece is in progress right now. I've been slowly working on it as the weather changes from nice to wet and everything in between. I find it very hard to sit and bead when the weather finally gets nice around here. After the winter we've had, there are tons of branches to clean up and burn. Also, it's just nice to sit in the sun and listen to the birds and watch the squirrels.

My friend, Sherrie, and I went to the Ceramic Showcase at the Oregon Convention Center a week ago. There are six different guilds that show their wares at this very impressive show. Throughtout the booths and artists there seemed to be a theme this year, fish, horses and cats. Some very strange things and LOTS of beautiful things. http://www.ceramicshowcase.com You can see some of the fabulous ceramics from the Oregon Potters Association.

If I had more money than what I allowed myself, I would have brought home a pond full of fishy pottery, glass, metal, weavings, wood and beads. I wish I could afford to buy one item from each and every artist at this show. There is so much talent in one place this time of year. It's a great place for inspiration if your Muse is on vacation.

I guess it's a good thing that I'm on this fishy line of art this year. It feels right.

1 comment:

Dreamcicle Journeys said...

Love the color of the blues. P