Sunday, August 31, 2008

More Sad News

This month has been a hard one for me, mentally and emotionally. As mentioned previously, my friend Diane was diagnosed with pertioneal cancer. After a few more tests, trying to figure out the best doctor and hospital, she was finally sent to Oregon Health Sciences University (Pill Hill as we call it here in the Portland area.) Last Monday she went in for surgery. I was there with/for her all day. They opened her up and found the tumor was much bigger than expected. So they closed her up with plans to get her intensive chemo therapy to shrink the tumor. After it is shrunk to a size that is not jeopardizing her internal organs, they will open her up again and remove it with all her female parts, and probably the appendix.

This past week has been hard on all family and friends. I'm glad I'm up here. I can't be there every day, the gas is killing us this month, but I can call and see how things are going. They don't know when she is going to be coming home, some time this next week. She has already had one treatment and will be scheduling more in Eugene. She should know tomorrow when they will be releasing her.

Between Mom and Diane, I'm worn out. I have no real gumption, just want to sit and do a lot of nothing. Some beading, but that's about all.

Thoughts and prayers are welcome for Diane. Thank you.

No comments: