Saturday, August 4, 2007

Been a long time...


...since I posted. Can't believe it's been almost 2 weeks. I've been working on the workshop and in the workshop and getting some arty things started that are simmering in the back of my mind.

Here is one piece that I finished and will be doing more of in the future. It is a vintage button with "coral" beaded fringe spilling from the button holes. This is a fun way to use your vintage, or not so vintage, buttons that have holes through the center. The exciting part, of making this brooch, is shopping for or finding some unique beads to use in the fringe. Using the same technique, earrings can be made to match or compliment the brooch. I have a large antler button and smaller antler buttons to work on, so will be looking for beads that go with an outdoor theme.

No comments: