Monday, August 20, 2007

Just a few scribbles

A new channel has popped up on DirectTV called Ovation. http://www.ovationtv.com It's all about art. All kinds of art and it has inspired me. I was watching Art or Not on Saturday night and saw an artist that uses just a line to make abstract work. Of course, his line is all over his canvas and comes in a number of colors. I should have written down his name because now I can't remember it. BUT...I tried my own scribble line and this is what I came up with. Using regular watercolor paper and 8 different colors of Sharpie Fine Point markers I had fun. After scanning it, I will be able to use it for backgrounds for other art I'll be doing.
(I also saw a piece on Jackson Pollock and that, too, inspired me.)

OK...I can't seem to download my picture right now. I'll try to do it tomorrow. In the mean time, go and check out Ovation TV.

No comments: