Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sand into Pearls II



Here's the latest necklace I've done in "The Sea" theme. I'll be starting another one tomorrow. I'm having a fantastic time with this theme. I keep getting all these really cool ideas while working on a current project. I recently bought some capiz shells and will be working those into some necklaces in different color ways. Because they are somewhat transparent, I might rubber stamp an image onto the back of the shell for a different effect. Which means I need to go shopping for new "sea" stamps!

I got a commission from wearing the first Sand into Pearls necklace into my local bead store, (Bead Happy)! Very jazzed about that. It was the owner (Debbie) who wants me to make her a new necklace and I get to play with her hand picked beads for her piece. I love that! Can't wait to get my hands on her stash, this will be fun!

This necklace contains glass pearls, bronze-colored pearls, amber, mother of pearl, coral and sead beads. It is priced at $125.00.

No comments: