Sunday, November 23, 2008

Busy Hands.....

Zebra Bead Necklace with handmade bead pendant
Zebra Bead Necklace with black and silver beads and black facted glass beads
Antiqued Silver Necklace in various bead designs
Chinese Turquoise and Coral Necklace These are a few of the necklaces I've been busy working on in the past few weeks. Yep, I'm having fun with my beads! While working on one necklace I come up with other ideas for more necklaces and it seems my mind is busier than my hands can keep up. Now I have to come up with a way to display my work for the Open Doors Show. I don't want to use the same thing as I did last year. Hmmmm, I'll have to do a trial set up in the garage. I'll take pics to show what it will look like.

Last Monday, my friend Diane went in for surgery for her cancer. After a number of chemo treatments we all thought the tumor was shrunken enough to cut it out and have no more problems. Well....come to find out, the chemo had destroyed it completely and there is NO sign of it anywhere! To ensure the there would be no "female" problems later in life, the surgeon performed a hysterectomy, a procedure that was discussed with Diane before the first surgery. She is doing VERY well and sounded clear and happy and relieved. I was not able to go see her while she was here because of a cold I have. grrrr This is what I get for going out and being sociable the week before. But, I'm so GLAD everything came out great! She still has two more chemo treatments before the end of the year and then she gets to grow her hair back!

1 comment:

Dreamcicle Journeys said...

Wow, you've been busy and I like these necklaces. Paula