Friday, July 20, 2007

Art Books and Art Doll



This week I have decided to enter one of my art dolls in the Oregon State Fair. It is a piece I made, a year ago last winter, for another show with the theme of Contrasts. She is named Both Sides of the Soul. She is made of white and black linen, a glow-in-the-dark polymer clay face, an inkjet iron transfer, lots and lots of beads and a Tinker Toy base. The back of this piece is the inspiration for the Yin/Yang necklace. Now...off I go to the fair website, download the info, print out the form and fill it all out. Whatever happened to a paperless society?

After a busy week of housecleaning,(I hate housecleaning!) playing art with my friend, Sherrie, and then take down and rehanging of my guild's theme show, I'm tired. Tomorrow another guild member and I will go up to Maryhill Museum of Art to see the show, Gadzooks! Amazing Books by Northwest Artists. www.maryhillmuseum.org Sue Allen is part of this show of some very creative artists and the books they have made. I volunteered to go with her, not only because I want to see the show, but it's a long drive and it's nice to have company on the way. If I can remember to take my camera, I'll try to take some pics of the books, if the museum will let me. It looks to be a fun time!

No comments: