Sunday, July 15, 2007

I've been remiss....


...in getting to my blog. I've been having a great time working in my new workshop. First are two pages that I experimented with, using a technique that I saw in the current Cloth-Paper-Scissors by Chrysti Hydeck. Very cool backgrounds and a trove of ideas have popped into my mind on how and what to use them for. While working on the pages and waiting for them to dry, I started another piece. The piece, "Mona's Rooster", was my attempt at remembering how to play with my acrylic paints from a class by Suzie Wolfer at Paperdoll, (www.paperdoll-co.com). AND...while waiting for that to dry, I worked on an art doll/shrine that I call a Guardian. He has been waiting for me to get to him for some time. He is made from recycled bits and is for a swap. I like the way he is coming together and while working on him, a brother popped up in my creative design center, aka my brain. It seems I may have to make a number of these Guardians.

Oh bother, I forgot to download the pictures from my camera. I'll have to do that tomorrow. I do have a pic of the picture I worked on, in my class with Suzie, and have put that up instead. I named it Rosa's Chickens.

No comments: