Tuesday, January 3, 2012

First Step on the Path of 2012

I decided to take an online class first thing this year. I wanted to play with some of the paints and color things that I have. I'm taking the Strathmore Online Workshops with Traci Bautista. She is teaching her Visual Journal workshop this time. It's free, which is a BIG plus after the holiday season, and can start you out on one of those get creative resolutions to this year.

Here is my first doodle piece from Lesson One.


I didn't have the right paper and used what I had, which is 140# Strathmore watercolor paper 5.5" x 8.5". I taped them together and proceeded to paint as if they were one. I like the way it came out and now I have covers for two journals. I think I'll be making some more of these as the classes progress. This was fun, even though I was not in love with my piece at first. Just working through the layers helped bring it to life.

No comments: