Saturday, November 12, 2011

Friday Night Spotlight

I've chosen five artists for the Spotlight tonight, which was very hard because I like all my arty links.

Can you make art with fire? Russell Maier has and it's beautiful. After going through his fire paintings, check out the rest of his art and maybe make a mandala to send to him for his World Oneness Mandala Project.

For some fun Christmas arty ideas, yes I know it's not even Thanksgiving yet, run on over to Susie Jefferson's blog 1st Floor Flat. Continue on down the page and note that not all artists have perfectly clean and organized studios, even after/when we clean them out.

My other life, before retiring, was as a bookkeeper. I have always loved office supplies and papers, I just didn't think of them as artists supplies at the time. Now I do. After seeing the art of Alison Foshee you will too.

Do you like vintage cars? We happen to own and lovely little '51 Ford Custom and I used to drive a '66 Imperial Crown Coupe. So...Bernard Corman caught my attention with his car art. It's not your usual art car kind of stuff. My favorites are his "Carp" series. I just smile when I see his art. :)

Lastly is Just Coffee Art. Andrew Saur and Angel Sarkela-Saur have been painting with coffee for several years now. Yes, just plain coffee. The lovely shades of tans, browns, and dark browns flow from the brushes and the creations are amazing.

I hope you enjoy my little collection of artists sites. Thank you for dropping by. Leave a word if you like what you see.

No comments: