Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday Night Spotlight

I missed the last few days of posting due to lack of sleep. By the time it came to blogging, I was too tired to compose, write or even read anything on the computer. But...I got my sleep and am here for the Spotlight tonight.

For the first link, I found the most fantastical paper artists that have really taken their work to new heights. Their media is cast paper and the sculptures they make are beyond belief. Allen and Patty Eckman create life size sculptured pieces of nature scenes and American Indians. Be prepared to be awed.

Janet Hickey recycles everyday items into very interesting art. Most of what she works with are the remains of peoples memories and belongings from Hurricane Katrina. My favorite is the VW engine cover. Take a look and you'll see what I mean.

For the third artist I chose another paper artist. This time Kylie Stillman carves images into stacked papers and books. A very unique way to recycle paper stuff. Check out the hand laced venetian blinds!

Megan Noel is an eclectic artist from Seattle. She draws, she paints, she beads, she knits and she plays the violin. All very creative, beautiful and fun. Take a stroll through her website and don't get lost in the forest.

Where does bad art go when no one wants it? The Museum of Bad Art (MOBA) is the world's only museum dedicated to the collection, preservation, exhibition and celebration of bad art in all its forms. If you have any bad art hanging around now it the time to send it off and have it hanging in a gallery. :0)

I hope you enjoy your trip around the arty web. See you next Friday!

No comments: