Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Some Necklaces

Here are a few of the necklaces I took pictures of yesterday.



This necklace is done in large, open weave spiral. A difficult technique until you get the rhythm of the stitch. The second picture is a close up of the weave. I used a button and loop closure with a mother of pearl button.


One of my favorite necklaces, the carved bone bats set off this necklace made with mottled brown beads, that look like stone, metallic colored glass beads and seed beads.


The green glass cabochons were "captured" by copper-lined seed beads and freshwater pearls, then woven together with the peyote stitch. A spiral stitch necklace and vintage button, for the button and loop closure, top it all off.

In the next few days I'll be adding these to my store, when I can get my computer to work properly. I wasn't sure I'd even be able to get on tonight, but I did after foolin' with some configurations. I hate it when you get a new update and things happen that shouldn't. I'll be doing the regular maintenance thing tomorrow. big whoop

No comments: