Thursday, October 13, 2011

Knitting

I'm slowly teaching myself how to knit. Well....I know how to knit, I just don't know how to do anything else. When I went to Oregon Flock and Fiber a couple of weeks ago, I found this great yarn. In order to knit the scarf on the label, I have to learn how to purl and yarn over.

Ok...I had bought a book to teach myself all the cool things in knitting some time ago, but haven't really started in on any projects yet. (I think the cool weather kicks in a kind of knitting gene that gets us all wooly fingered.) The book is Teach Yourself Visually - Knitting by Sharon Turner. If you're looking to learn how to knit, take a class and learn from someone who knows. This book is a great reference for those stitches you have learned. And then, practice, practice and more practice. Make a bunch of scarves and you will get those stitches embedded into your head.

So today I sat myself down, between loads of laundry, and purled, dropped a yarn over, did a yarn over and purled a stitch again. I'm getting pretty good at this and I think I'll have a cool looking scarf in the end. Instead of using my Link yarn from Berroco, I found another smaller yarn to learn this technique. I'm happy. Pictures will be here when I finish up this scarf.

No comments: