Sunday, July 17, 2011

Typical Oregon Day

It was mostly overcast all day, in the low to mid 60's with a light breeze playing in the trees. We had about .25" of rain last night and early this morning. I love listening to the rain falling on the leaves as I'm dozing in bed in the morning. It makes my soul smile.

The rest of the day was much like the morning. Quiet, not much going on and comfortable. Received a few packages from my shopping at OLA and Amazon. Got a very interesting book called, The Repurposed Library by Lisa Occhipinti. Everything about the book is great except the print and font. The Amazon reviews were not too complimentary about this subject either. The material is well thought out, but it certainly is hard to read. Good lighting is a must for this book.

I think I may have to explain something about the length of my days and why my posts are not posted on the day they should be. I consider this my Saturday post, even though it is early Sunday morning. I like to work in Vampire Mode and usually don't hit the sheets until sometime after 2 or 3 a.m. I don't consider my day over until I go to bed, so my posts are late by "normal" standards.

Now...I did miss two days this week. Wednesday, I spent watching Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and didn't go to bed until 1:30 a.m. I had to go to bed early because I had a picnic with my art group on Thursday. I also missed Thursday, due to that picnic. I ended up, at the end of the day, driving over 150 miles to and from the picnic, so I was tired and forgot to post. Go here PAC to see pics of the beautiful place we invaded for our picnic. (Thank You, Jenny!!!) Wonderful company, great food and fun swap!!!

While I'm typing all this, I'm also listening to Coast to Coast radio, tonight with Ian Punnett. The guest tonight is Jeremy Wade of River Monsters on Animal Planet. Very interesting, even for a non-fisher person. Off I go to listen to the rest of the show.

No comments: